It’s Getting Very Exciting …Posted 24 August 2011 by admin
Well, it turns out that the closer we get to actually having a store, the less time I have to write. No surprise there, I guess!
And since pictures will tell the story better than I can, this entry will be mostly pictures. Here’s what’s happening in brief:
- The fixtures are being installed. It is amazing to me how exciting it is to watch them go up and see our space transformed into an actual bookstore
- The sign structure on top of our building is being put together
- We have been told by city inspectors that we can begin to stock the store. We are releasing our inventory orders with our publishers on a staggered basis and will be receiving the majority of our stock next week.
- We will begin to stock the store this Friday.
- We are ordering supplies and furnishings in anticipation of moving into the store
- We are planning a press party before we open our doors … which we hope will be soon. (We are somewhat at the mercy of our building inspectors and the electrical company to tell us when we can open our doors for business.) We will tell everyone (we can find!) as soon as we know we will be open for business!